If you’re looking for a flexible, conscientious, experienced and cost effective freelance web developer based near Bath and Bristol, please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone. Web design and development has been 50% of Sweet-Apple’s business in some way or another for years, and we always look forward to working with designers, agencies and small businesses on new projects.
CMS and WordPress blog development
We’ve got plenty of experience building custom WordPress themes from scratch, or adapting existing templates to your visuals to create unique, visually attractive sites. We can also manage security updates proactively for you or your clients. If your needs are more complex, then we’d recommend using Drupal. We’ve also got plenty of hours under our belt creating CMSes based on Umbraco, a rather nifty Open-Source CMS solution for Windows hosting platforms.
Over the years we’ve built websites on a number of eCommerce platforms, and we’re well aware of the pain and expense that adapting them can cause. We’re also aware that a large number of web development agencies want to lock you into their eCommence solution so they have you captive. These days we focus on using Magento, an Open-Source, massively popular system that has the right blend of flexibility and features to serve the vast majority of online retailer’s needs, out of the box.
Custom Web Application Development
If you have a specific project that can’t be served by adapting an existing web application, we can deliver cost effective bespoke solutions tailored exactly to your needs. Typically these will be developed using PHP and MYSQL, as MVC applications using Zend Framework. All source code will supplied, well commented, with PHPDoc blocks to aid code completion in NetBeans, Eclipse or Zend Studio.
How do we work together?
Typically I prefer not to quote “by the hour” – rather I look at the job as a whole and come up with an estimate. If the job gets done more quickly than I imagine, I pass the saving onto you. I can work at your premises on a 9-5 basis, but prefer to work more flexibly if possible.
I can be as involved in the planning, requirement gathering and initial design consultation as you like, or you can just hand over layered .PSD files, a brief and I’ll crack on.
- Front End
- Hand coded XHTML-Strict and CSS, for screen, print or other devices
- Coding to WAI Accessibility Standards
- Flash development, both timeline and Actionscript based. Good working knowledge of Object Orientated AS2, some AS3
- Integrating Flash with ‘backend’ technologies using XML, PHP and .NET
- Server side
- Procedural and Object Orientated PHP 4/5, Zend Framework and MVC
- Relational database design and SQL on MYSQL or MSSQL
- Experience of using and modifying Open Source web applications and classes programmed in PHP/MYSQL such as CubeCart, WordPress
- Good working knowledge of C# / ASP.NET development in Visual Studio and IIS 6.0
- Experience of XML, XSL, XSLT, XPATH and utilizing web services
- Online Marketing
- Huge experience of creating successful, highly deliverable email marketing campaigns.
- Excellent knowledge of SEO and SEM techniques, advanced Google Analytics, and other web based marketing activities.
- Working collaboratively
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and the design process, from print through to web.
- Experience of working collaboratively with design teams to specific briefs, or using existing materials as a starting point to create both visuals and code for efficient, attractive, clean sites that work across a range of browsers and devices.